Thank you all for the terrific response! I did not realize how much we all love the color ‘red‘ until I saw the exquisite creations you people came up with! Before we go on to the varied food platter take a look at Stylish, Sexy, Savvy and Smart Red. Most of what I am giving below on red is from Wikipedia, which has become common knowledge thanks to magazines devoting a lot of time to colour psychology, and asides.
My favourite reds
In movies – Marilyn Monroe
In Music – The Rolling Stones logo:
In Food – Well… Just look, drool, make and enjoy:)
I present the entries in various categories – ‘drinks’, ‘salads’, ‘soups’, ‘dips, chutneys and preserves’, ‘Starters’, ‘Side Dishes’, ‘A meal by itself’ and ‘desserts’. There were 44 entries in all. If I have left out any entry by mistake, please leave a comment on this post or email me at ‘sunshinemomsblog [at] gmail [dot] com, and I will rectify as soon as I get back.
Cham’s ‘Fruit Juice Popsicle’ at Spice Club
Cham’s ‘Strawberry lemon iced tea’ at Spice Club
Jayashree’s ‘Pomegranate Juice’ at Spice And Curry
Nidhi’s ‘Watermelon Ginger Ale’ at Sizzling Bites
Sunshinemom’s (Me) ‘Red Hot Chilli Pepper’ at Tongue Ticklers……
Vani’s ‘Cow Juice’ at Illatharasi
Lakshmi’s ‘Grilled Red Pepper and Tomato Soup’ at Taste of Mysore
Usha’s ‘Red Bell Pepper Soup’ at Veg Inspirations
Lubna’s ‘Yummy Tomato Soup’ at Kitchen Flavours
I enjoyed myself thoroughly discovering some wonderful blogs in the process, while hosting this event. I am also in awe with people who host many events and post the roundups on time:) . Hope you had a good time too!
Now for this month’s Colour.
I am moving to the other extreme of the spectrum to soothe and cool ourselves after the red splash – Yes! It’s Green for September.
The colour for this month – September is GREEN. The rules are quite simple:
1. Raw vegetables are not allowed except if used as such in salads or prepared food!
2. Any number of entries are welcome as long as the posts are done between 01.09.08 and 30.09.08.
3. The food item should be vegetarian which means no eggs, the post should be a vegetarian post.
4. If your food is cooked from any other blog or site please link your post with the name of the blog/site rather than ‘here’. Also link your post to this post announcing the event.
5. Email me at – sunshinemomsblog(at)gmail(dot)com, replacing the (at) with @ and (dot) with . alongwith these details
- subject line – FIC GREEN,
- Your name,
- The name of your blog and its link,
- The name of the dish and the link, and ‘No picture’ (I shall pick it up from your blog)
6. If you do not have a blog, just email the recipe and a picture.
The last date is 30.09.08.