10tsp – butter (I used Nutralite)
1/4 cup – caster sugar (I used Cane Sugar)
1/4 cup APF, sieved (I needed a ladle or so more)
1/3 cup almonds, chopped
1/3 cup chopped mixed peel (I used only 1tbsp. as I felt 1/3rd was too much)
1/4 cup raisins, chopped
2 tbsp candied cherries or tuti fruity
finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
125 g cooking chocolate (Plain/dark), melted
1. Line 2 large baking trays or cookie sheets with baking parchment.
2. Heat the butter and sugar in a small saucepan until the butter just melts and sugar dissolves. Remove the pan from heat.
3. Stir in the flour and mix ell. Stir in the chopped almonds, mixed peel, raisins, cherries and lemon rind. Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture well apart on the tray. I pressed them lightly into 2 inch circles.
4. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 deg. C./350 deg. F./Gas Mark 4, for nearly 20 minutes or till lightly golden on top.
5. Leave to cool until firm, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Spread the melted chocolate over the smooth side of each florentine. As the chocolate just begins to set mark way lines with a toothpick or fork. Leave until the chocolate is set.
PLEASE LOOK UP THIS POST
We can contribute in small ways – non-perishable eatables (chikki, kurmura, poha, biscuits,…), medicines, Water purifying tablets, torches, plastic sheets, candles, matchboxes, lanterns, clothes, bedsheets, utensils, footwear, mosquito nets, …
But these have to be in good condition. Check goonj.org for more details.
A little more on chocolates or cookies from me: