1 small onion – sliced thin
1 small carrot – sliced into wafer thin roundels
Baby corn – 2 quartered longitudinally and then halved
Shelled peas – a fistful
1 clove garlic – crushed
5 small button mushrooms – sliced wafer thin
Dried rosemary – 1/2tsp. crushed
Basil – about 5 leaves, torn
Ground black pepper – 1 tsp.
Spaghetti – 5 nos. halved
Elbow Macaroni – a fistful
Water – 3 cups
Cooked Chickpea – 1 cupMethod:1. Cook the pastas – set aside.2. Heat oil and saute onions and carrots for about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, mushrooms, baby corn, peas and the herbs. Saute further till everything is cooked.
5. Deglaze with a splash of water. Add 3 cups of water and chickpea. Cover and boil for 2 minutes.
6. Add pastas, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and serve piping hot with any bread.
Great to taste, good to eat and a lovely sight it is, to see your daughter lapping it up in a trice and going for a second helping!! We had this for dinner as it was a complete meal by itself – it has just the right amount of veggies, legumes and carbohydrates too!
Apart from the taste, this did not take me more than 20minutes from the chopping board to the bowl:)
Sia of Monsoon Spice helped me with ‘uploading bigger pictures in blogger’! Thank you, Sia:)
1. Goes to the Third Helping of ‘My Legume Love Affair’. Susan’s affair taken over by Lucy of Nourish me this month;) – Last date – 28/9
2. Also goes to Easy’s WYF – Soups, salads and starters. Last date – 30/9
Have your say
Trackbacks On "Chickpea Pasta Soup"
- Carrots leek and zucchini soup (Pingback)